Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI or ability to obtain a TS/SCI
Salary: $80,000 – $110,000
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full Time
Duties / Responsibilities:
The Flight Test Support, Training, and Logistics Lead will work with a cross functional team focused on evaluating and testing Counter-UAS (C-UAS) systems. The position is responsible for ensuring through quality training, scheduling, and materials management that required personnel, equipment, and logistics is available for each test event. The position also has training, law enforcement liaison, and internal coordination responsibilities. Specific duties include:
· Schedule test teams based on aircrew requirements developed by Flight Test Lead
· Process test team travel requests and associated supporting documents
· Ensure required equipment and logistics support is available for each flight test event
· Lead onsite execution of daily flight test events as directed by the Program Manager
· Lead contingency response planning and LEO coordination
· Train Test Directors, MECOs, Clipboard operators
· Manage guest visits to program facilities
· Coordinate all internal FAA and airport notifications for daily flight testing
The Flight Test Support, Training and Logistics Lead is required to oversee and support mitigation testing activities at five airports selected by the Section 383 Program for equipment testing. The candidate may also be required to work for an extended period onsite at the Huntsville International Airport, in Huntsville, Alabama or other airport as specified by the Program Manager. It is expected that live testing will be conducted at Huntsville a minimum of three days and a maximum of five days per week, every other week. Days during which onsite testing is not occurring, the candidate may telework.
The successful candidate will also be expected to perform the duties of a Mitigation Test Director. The Mitigation Test Director serves as the onsite coordinator and focal point for ensuring mitigation testing occurs within all established safety parameters, that the assigned team functions effectively, and that data is collected in accordance with program requirements. The Test Director must demonstrate a thorough understanding of airport operations, the Contingency Response Plan, Mitigation Test Plan, and Mitigation Test Cards.
This position reports to the Flight Test Manager.
· Experience with aircrew scheduling, logistics planning, and training curriculum development.
· Demonstrated detailed understanding of UAS regulations, flight operations, and concepts.
· Demonstrated ability to use flight planning software to create complex low-altitude multirotor missions using waypoint navigation.
· Experience working in a team environment built around crew resource management principles.
· Ability to lead post-flight briefings, review flight test results, write test reports, and work with the test teams to incorporate system improvements based on test results.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to perform complex tasks.
· Strong familiarity of the US National Airspace System (NAS) and ability to communicate with Air Traffic Control (ATC) if/when necessary.
· Knowledge and experience in obtaining LAANC (Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability) and COA (Certificate of Waiver or Authorization) airspace operations authorizations.
· Highly organized
· Adaptable to a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Excellent verbal and problem-solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with SME’s and team members.
· Superior writing skills.
· Experience within a research and development environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, or science.
· Master’s degree in appropriate discipline will be considered equivalent to two (2) years of relevant experience.
· PhD degree in appropriate discipline will be considered equivalent to four (4) years of relevant experience.
· Eight (8) years of relevant experience over and above the minimum experience requirement – in this case, sixteen (16) years – will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
· Aviation, FAA, or Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) experience is a plus.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org